For transparency purposes, vacated properties are advertised through the print media i.e. newspapers for prospective purchasers to respond through a tendering process.
Usually, tenants meetings are held every quarter at various locations to address issues and give updates concerning any new developments. Stakeholder meetings that are addressed by the CEO are also held frequently to give updates.
The Corporation sends out the account statements on a quarterly basis. To get one you need to contact or visit nearby BHC office.
The BHC acknowledgements are done within 14 days.
It is possible to swap and tenants who wish to swap BHC properties can do so if written consent is obtained from BHC Property Management. However, BHC will only facilitate the swap and will not under any circumstances identity the house, which you wish to swap with. In addition there is an affordability test required before the process.
A tenant is only allowed to appoint a caretaker for a period not more than the term of the lease when he/she (or the immediate family members) is not in physical occupation of the property. Caretakership arrangement covers tenants who have temporarily relocated due to temporary transfer (work) or for further studies.
- Upon death of a legal tenant
- With the consent of the legal tenant provided the person whom the property is being transferred to is above 21 years of age and is a resident of Botswana, after passing credit vetting and there is a valid lease agreement.
For individuals provide the following:
- Certified copies of identity cards
- Certified copies of marriage certificate or Decree Absolute where applicable
- Latest pay slip and six months bank statements
- Valid work and residence permits for non citizens
- ITC clearance
- Certificate of incorporation
- List of directors(form 2)
- Share certificates
- Latest company returns or proof of submission
- Three months bank statement with audited financial reports or six months bank statement with audited financial reports or six months without audited financial reports Surety
- Identity cards and sureties
- Rental will be payable quarterly in advance
- ITC clearance certificate
As per planning regulations and lease agreement, the property should be used for residential purposes only. In addition to that, there is a possibility of the electricity is not allowed as electrically for BHC is meant for domestic use only, tapping it does not only put the household at risk but the BHC property as well.
It is the requirement of the lease that each party will give each other a month notice if the tenancy has to be terminated for whatever reason. This gives BHC and the customer a chance to plan for a joint physical inspection and ensure that utilities are fully paid for by the outgoing tenant. In addition, this month notice period gives BHC time to decide what to with the property while the tenant also arranges for alternative accommodation.
- ‹ previous
- 3 of 3